Youth & Student Accounts
Youth Savings Account
Encourage Saving for the future
Teach Good Financial Habits
"Cash for Grades" Program
Youth Checking Accounts with Co-Signer
At Hercules First Federal Credit Union, we LOVE our K-12 students and want to reward you for all your great efforts at school. During the school year you can earn money for getting good grades. If you are not already a member, EVERY student is welcome to join our credit union. So come in today and get started.
We know that education is important for a strong financial future. That’s why Hercules Credit Union encourages our Youth Members’ scholastic achievements with our “Cash For Grades” program.
- Bring a parent or guardian with your report card from last semester to get started
- Get $2 for every “A or equivalent”
- Get $1 for every “B or equivalent”
- The money is deposited into your Hercules First Federal Credit Union account
- Available to all K-12 students
This scholarship contest is designed to recognize exceptional students in our community. The mission statement at Hercules First Federal Credit Union is to help our members achieve their financial goals while “Growing Stronger Together.” Hercules recognizes that young individuals are the key to our future as a credit union and our community. We believe in the potential of these students!
The essay winners will be selected solely by Hercules First Federal Credit Union and its designated judges. All decisions will be final. By submitting an essay entry, the student warrants and represents that their entry is their original work and has been legally created. It does not infringe on the rights of intellectual property, privacy, or publicity of any third party. They also warrant that their essay has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and has not been published or distributed previously in any medium.
Winners will receive:
- 1st Place $1500
- 2nd Place $1000
- 3rd Place $500
- Essay competition is open to high school seniors of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Applicants must plan to pursue an undergraduate degree of certification from an accredited college, university or technical school in 2023.
- Submit a short essay (Between 750 and 1000 words double spaced) on one of two assigned topics.
- Please include your name, phone number, and e-mail address in the header of your essay.
- Essays will be accepted from Monday, October 17, 2022, until 11:59pm December 31, 2022.
Entries received after that time will not be accepted.
- Submit essays by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winners of the essay competition will be notified by email in January 2023.
Essay Topic (Choose one topic for your essay)
- With today’s economic environment, what opportunities do you see in the next 2-3 years to ensure long-term personal financial stability?
- How have you seen your credit union support you, your family, and community over the past few years? What new products or services could your credit union provide which would be useful in the future?
If you have any additional questions concerning this contest, please call Alan Slagowski at 801-968-9011.