Cash for Grades – Earn Money for Good Grades
Kids Earn $2 per A
At Hercules First Federal Credit Union, we LOVE our K-12 students and want to reward you for all your great efforts at school. During the school year you can earn money for getting good grades. If you are not already a member, EVERYONE is welcome to join our credit union. So come in today and get started.
- Bring a parent or guardian with your report card from last semester to get started
- Get $2 for every “A or equivalent”
- Get $1 for every “B or equivalent”
- The money is deposited into your Hercules First Federal Credit Union account.
- Available to all K-12 students
Hercules First Federal Credit Union is happy to help you save for your next toy, video game or tablet!
Tips For Parents
You can never teach financial responsibility too early. Hercules First Federal Credit Union knows that two of the biggest indicators of future financial success are education and financial literacy. Having your child participate in “Cash For Grades” helps establish good habits including:
- Incentivizing good financial performance
- Establishing habits of saving money for goals
- Familiarizing children with the banking system
January 2020 Scholarship Winners
Congratulation to our three scholarship winners.
From what we know about our winners we’re certain they’ll do well in school and with their careers. Thanks to all students who entered their essays. We wish them the best of luck as they pursue their education.
2019 Scolarship Contest
This scholarship contest is designed to acknowledge exceptional students in our community. The mission statement at Hercules First Federal Credit Union is to help our members achieve their financial goals while “Growing Stronger Together”. Hercules recognizes that these young individuals are the key to our future as a credit union and a community. We believe in the potential of these students.
The essay winners will be selected solely by Hercules First FCU and its designated judges. All decisions will be final.
Winners will receive:
- 1st Place $1500
- 2nd Place $1000
- 3rd Place $500
- Essay competition is open to high school seniors of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Applicants must plan to pursue an undergraduate degree of certification from an accredited college, university or technical school in 2020.
- Submit a short essay (no longer than 1000 words double spaced) on the topic of “How can Hercules First Federal Credit Union help those in our community achieve financial success.”
- Essays will be accepted from October 15, 2019 – December 20, 2019.
- Submit essays by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recipients will be notified in January 2020.
How can Hercules First Federal Credit Union help those in our community achieve financial success.
If you have any additional questions concerning this contest, please call Amy Durrant or Alan Slagowski at Hercules First FCU 801-968-9011.